ST Spittin Web Search

MONSTERS InK

MONSTERS InK

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why doesn't the average hood rapper reflect the average hood nigga?

I don't be out here on no tough guy shit, I ain't no bitch ass nigga either so don't get it twisted, but I'm a regular nigga. I'm tryin to bring back "The regular nigga" who raps, there ain't really none left. Either they gangsters, dope boys, jack boys, conscious rappers, or skaters. How come it ain't many rappers who just regular niggas like it is in REAL LIFE. The average nigga done sold drugs, had a regular job, went to college (might of dropped out). I'm talkin about niggas who just smoke weed, drank, party and chill. Niggas who go out every other weekend, got baby mama drama,(or baby daddy drama, I ain't forgot about you ladies). I'm talking about the average hood nigga, but the average rapper ain't never reflecting the average nigga. Why is that?

When I was still dancing actively for the Animaniakz, I remember doing a show at Stanford for the Black Student Union, and while I was there I got to rap for Keak Da Sneak. Now this wasn't my 1st time meeting him, our group had already did hella shit wit him on other occations through my nigga Sean aka Mr. Fantastic (Animaniakz alumni, turf dance legend). I remember he l gave him a verse that was hot (of course) and he liked it, he said I had bars, but he asked me what type of rapper I was trying to be, he was like you trying to be positive, gangster, punchline rapper, party rapper, what? I couldn't answer him at the time because I didn't know. But now if I see him again I can tell him, I'm just trying to do me, I just wanna represent for the regular niggas who are well rounded who can do it all, because I rap about everything regular hood niggas go through along with my own ambitions, dreams, wishes, worry's and so forth, like any other GREAT RAPPER does.

If you look back into hip hop history you see that the successful legendary rappers did it all; they gave you every type of song no matter what the public wanted to hear. They gave you their hottest singles of course to market, but as far as their overall material, you can't look back on any of the legends and say this ain't them, what the hell type a hype is he/she on. Andre 3000 got a lot of flack for his wild wigs and clothes he wore in his video's but nobody ever questioned if he was doin that shit because somebody forced him to. He never sold out.

There is hope though, rappers like Outkast, Drake, Common, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Ludacris, T.I, these rappers give me hope for the future because they keep making great music. Its not really a massive issue, its just that the public is gettin tired of seeing the same type of rapper who raps about the same shit, AND THEY ALL OUT AT THE SAME TIME!

But Don't get it twisted; its more rappers comin who bringin what I CALL real nigga shit back, niggas who can rap about everything from corner to corner, block to block like Bari & J-Roc who can give you some of that shit that make a nigga look in the mirror and ask himself who he really is wit tracks like, " You ain't claim no where" off that " My Otha Brotha" LP, its hot and its in stores, yall go check that out. My nigga Young Sham bringin the pain too, that "Slaughter House" album is bananas! And watch out for yours truly ST Spittin (no official release date on the EP, but look out for the solo project in mid summer). The Monsters Ink compilation is in progress as well...

SHOT OUTS:

Big shot out to Fly, Rossi, B Younger of Bullimic Brains, Davonna Lee, Plane Jane, League 510, Black Smith, Diego Sosa, Chance, J Maine, The whole Knock Em Down Fam, The Smash Brothers, 1 O.A.K, Rawney Yun Shep, Slapnotic Productions Streets is Talking Radio, and if I forgot to mention yo name hit me up and I'll mention it next time.

Yo an another shot out to all my niggas in this entertainment business wit me who tryin to eat; my nigga Kool Jon, Yung Studd, Daghe. Shot out to all my niggas locked up, Fritz, Neto, Marki-Bo I'll see yall when you come home. Fuck wit me

No comments:

Post a Comment